For a while now I've been wanting to do a review here and there about some of the stuff I tie with. So here my unsolicited thoughts about the Rite Bobbin. I purchased my first Rite Bobbin just after Christmas on a whim, and I have no clue why it took me so long to do this. This is hands down one of the best tools I have at the tying desk, and I will definitely be putting more of these in my arsenal of tools. I have the shorty model, and the standard model. Up until this bobbin I have always bent the arms of the bobbin I was using to achieve the string tension I was going for. This as you know is a hit or miss practice and can be a pain in the ass when switching threads (I am a fan of leaving the keeper piece of plastic on my UTC threads). The Rite Bobbin cuts out this stone age process simply by tightening the tension screw on the side of the bobbin. That's it! No more bending and cussing. Just tighten or loosen to your desired tension and you are done. Couple quick pros and cons, and I will wrap this up as I know it is getting a little wordy. Even for me. Pros: Easy tension adjustment, simple to thread, very ergonomic, and numerous sizes for what you need. Cons: Tad on the pricey side, I don't have more. That's it, thanks for reading.
http://ritebobbin.com/
http://ritebobbin.com/

No comments:
Post a Comment